LSAT Unplugged subscriber Caleb wrote this LSAT Logic Game.
I’ve modified the game’s questions slightly, but Caleb provided the core. All complaints and/or compliments about the game’s topic and rules should be directed to him 🙂
However, please thank him in the comments for allowing me to share the game with all of you!
I categorize the game as Grouping: Splitting since it divides the variables into two groups, both of which are present. Some similar LSAC-written Logic Games are listed at the bottom of this post.
Please post your thoughts and questions in the comments!
If you are named Jacob or Hezekiah, or if you are a seagull, I’m sorry.
Here’s the Logic Game:
Seven seagulls: A, B, C, D, E, F, and G, will shit on the goofy hats of two men, Jacob and Hezekiah. Seagulls A, B, C, and D are male, and seagulls E, F, and G are female. Each seagull will shit on exactly one of the two men, and each man will be shit on by at least one seagull.
The following conditions must apply:
At least two male seagulls will shit on Jacob.
At least two female seagulls will shit on Hezekiah.
If D shits on Jacob, then F does not shit on Hezekiah.
If D does not shit on Jacob, then G shits on Jacob.
A and B will shit on the same man.
1. Which one of the following could be a complete and accurate list of the seagulls that shit on Jacob?
(A) A, B, D, F
(B) A, B, E
(C) A, B, E, D
(D) A, C, D, F
(E) C, G
2. If G shits on Jacob, which one of the following seagulls must also shit on Jacob?
3. If B shits on Hezekiah, then which one of the following must be true?
(A) A shits on the same person as C
(B) A shits on the same person as F
(C) B shits on the same person as C
(D) C shits on the same person as F
(E) D shits on the same person as G
4. If G does not shit on Jacob, which one of the following seagulls CANNOT shit on Hezekiah?
5. If exactly 4 seagulls shit on Jacob, which one of the following is a pair of seagulls, both of which must be among those that shit on him?
(A) A, B
(B) B, D
(C) B, G
(D) C, G
(E) D, F
6. Each of the following could be true EXCEPT:
(A) All 4 male seagulls shit on Jacob.
(B) All 3 female seagulls shit on Hezekiah.
(C) Exactly 5 seagulls shit on Jacob.
(D) Exactly 4 seagulls shit on Hezekiah.
(E) Exactly 3 seagulls shit on Jacob.
7. Which one of the following seagulls must shit on Hezekiah?
Good luck, dudes!
The text below contains the answers to the above Logic Game.